Rear Window Actuator and Bracket
Rear Window Actuator
Rear Window Bracket
Side Window Actuator
Side Window Bracket
The locking kit is currently available to suit EGR Fleet Canopies
- We have kits to suit Ford Ranger, Mazda BT50, Volkswagon Amrok, Holden Colorado, Isuzu DMax, Toyota Hilux 2005-2015, Nissan Navara up to 2015
- There are different configurations of the kit available, for 1, 2, or 3 windows and with or without a separate remote control. All these kits are available in our online shop.
- The locking kits can be connected to the central locking of the vehicle, this requires the installation of 2 relays, these relays are not supplied as part of the kit and have to be supplied by the installer. It is recommended that an auto electrician install this option.
- Each kit comes with an installation guide and the kits supplied with a remote control also come with a wiring diagram.
EGR Fleet Canopy
EGR Fleet Canopy Installation Guide
EGR F Kit 1
Remote Central Locking Kit to suit EGR Fleet Canopy with 3 lift up windows including Remote Control & Protection Bracket Kit
Check contents of package as shown in picture below which consist of
- 6 Actuators
- 4 Side Window brackets
- 2 Rear Window Brackets
- Remote Control Unit
- 2 Remote Fobs
- Wiring loom with plug to controller
- 12 8g x 16 self drill screws
- 12 3.5mm pop rivets
- Protection Bracket Kit ( PB Kit 1)
Suggested materials you may need
- Pop rivet gun
- 3.5mm pop rivet drill
- 3mm automotive wire 10 Amp
- 10mm loom tube and or 25x16 Electrical duct
- 5mm automotive wire 15Amp
- Crimp tool for red insulated terminals
- Female red bullet connectors
Installation: (Note if you are unsure of these steps please refer to the picture gallery at www.canopylocks.com.au most steps are shown)
- Open side window. Select location for side window bracket (close to handle but leave enough room so as not to interfere with movement of the handle, and making allowance for the protection bracket to be installed). Drill two holes through the bracket and into the window frame with a 3.5mm pop rivet drill. (Be careful not to hit the window glass with the drill as this may shatter the glass) Using the pop rivets supplied install the bracket onto the underside of the window frame.
- Where the bracket is now installed place an actuator on the inside of the window frame under the bracket with the actuator pin extended upwards and line up the pin to the center of the hole in the bracket and the shoulder on the pin to the underside of the bracket. Now push the pin of the actuator fully down to make sure that the top of the pin clears so the window can be opened. Secure the actuator to the window frame using the 2 of the 8g x 16 screws.
- Note: The hole in the bracket may have to be enlarged to ensure that the pin moves freely with the window handle in the open or closed position. This can be done by using a file to make the hole larger. The bracket can also be bent up or down to ensure the actuator pin engages with the pin when locked and clears the bracket when unlocked.
- Repeat step 1 & 2 for all 4 side window positions.
- Hold an actuator on the rear window frame as near as possible to the window handle but not as to interfere with the movement of the handle, and making allowance for the protection bracket to be installed. Then place and mark the position of the rear window bracket on the frame of the window making sure the lip of the bracket is facing towards the actuator, so if the window closes with the actuator in the locked position the bracket will push the pin into the actuator. Drill the two holes for pop rivets and mount small bracket using supplied pop rivets.
- With the rear window closed and the handle in the closed position line up the actuator with the pin extended so the shoulder on the pin is to the underside and in the center of the bracket and screw actuator onto window frame using 2 8g x 16 self drill screws
- Repeat step 4 & 5 for other side of rear window.
- Mount controller anywhere in cabin (this is important for ease of accessibility in the event of unforseen failure). Now referring to wiring diagram supplied, run a 15 amp cable to the controller from a positive power source. Connect the black wire to a negative. Then run 2 wires (3mm 10amp) from the controller white & white/black to the first actuator and then loop wires to all other actuators, using loom tube and stick on mounts to secure wiring inside canopy. Connect all actuators to cabling using female bullet connectors and then connect power to controller.
- Operate remote controller and make sure all actuator pins travel in the same direction at the same time and when the lock button is pressed all pins are in the locked position. If the pins are not travelling in the same direction, then reverse the connections at the actuators travelling in the wrong direction.
PROTECTION BRACKETSHold a protection bracket over the top of a side window actuator and mark the position for holes to be drilled through the bracket. Drill one hole at each end of the bracket with a 4.5mm drill, then screw the bracket onto the window frame using the 8g x 16 screws supplied making sure that the bracket does not interfere with the movement of the handle.
Repeat for all other actuators.